Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life Lessons, Life Without Zoe, and Oedipus Wrecks

Life Lesson was, to me, the best of the three short films that we watched. Life Lessons is about a artist needing his muse in order to create paintings for a deadline. Nick Nolte's character performance was amazing in that he was a very believable character. I, myself, have moments where I look for inspiration, whether it be a person or not.

Life Without Zoe seemed to be a kids movie for sure. It had its funny moments, but I feel that the director was trying to cram a lot of adult oriented actions into a kid's mindset which left the short film rather underdeveloped for me. I feel this could have been a better feature film instead of just a 40 minute short. This could have potenially given the director more time to have to story evolve a little bit better and really help the actors seem more believable.

After watching Qedipus wrecks, I could help but to think it was significantly "dry" humor. This short came across as a mixture between every Woody Allen movied and Ghostbusters. However, I did like most of the acting in this film, especially Woody Allen's character's mother. I do feel this would be a unbelievably bland film without her character involvement, even though she that old annoying mother figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment